Saturday, March 8, 2014

Appearances Spring 2014 - Switzerland / Germany



Hi! I'm going to be reading in Germannnnnn. I know, we'll see how that goes.

In the US readings are usually gentle things where parents and kids and maybe some awesome grown-up MG readers and authors come and you chat with them and read them bits of your story and they ask you questions and then you have cake-pops. And apparently in Germany they're more like shows and the organizers get actors to read sections of your book and it all sounds very scary. So that will be interesting.  

But it's AN EXPERIENCE, amirite. xD

Also, it will be weird because I don't think most people will know that I wrote this book four years ago (aka, ONE THOUSAND YEARS AGO) and if someone asks me what color buttons Mr. Lumbidule is wearing half on page 56, I won't have the faintest idea. But oh well. I'm excited. If you can come to any these, we could say hey. :)

Leipziger Buchmesse Appearances


Readings and signings

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stefan,

    I found this week the information that you will read in August at the 10. Fantasy-Festival in Mainz-Gustavsburg in Germany, ist this right?

    Viele Grüße aus Deutschland, Anette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anette! End of August, I think, yes! I really need to update this post soon. But yes, I'll bet here. :)

      Viele Grüsse auch von mir,

      Stefan

      Delete
  2. um and why is there no Stefan Bachmann reading in the Philippines MAY I ASK. :D jk. but seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like, for reals... I would go to the Philippines in an instant. xD

      Delete
    2. Go to Manila on September; I'll be there!! lol

      Delete
  3. You did pretty well today, as well in reading Germannnn (far better than Hohlbein, nearly as well as Kai Meyer) as in enchanting your audience.

    Did you only write the trailermusic, or do you hide a secret soundtrack somewhere?

    Thanks for today's highlight in Leipzig!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Anne! :) There are some other pieces floating around, I think on my website somewhere. Thanks for coming!! :D

      Stefan

      Delete