Friday, February 28, 2014

DIE SELTSAMEN

Die Seltsamen at a bookstore in Zürich. Thank you, Orell Füssli!
So, the German edition of The Peculiar came out a few days ago, and I had all these good intentions to make a video and show you guys the finished copy with its most marvelous bookmark ribbon, and then I didn't because this week has been crazy busy. Basically: school -> eat -> school -> homework -> interviews -> homework -> homework -> homework -> homework -> homework. And I didn't put up my CoC story on Wednesday which is BAD and which must be remedied very soon.

But OH WELL. I want to use this post to say a huge thank you to a bunch of people.

Thank you to my German publisher Diogenes for picking up the book, and for having an awesome team of people who are doing a ton to get the word out about it, and for giving the book it's striking cover that pops so nicely from all the other editions of TP. I love that cover.

Where's Waldo.
Also, a hugeeeeee thank you to Hannes Riffel who translated it, to all the bookshops and booksellers who are selling the book, to the sales reps for telling them about it, and to the media outlets who are running articles and reviews.

And the biggest thank you's to the awesome Swiss and German-language readers who have been picking it up and blogging and tweeting about it. Danke euch viel mals. :)

10 comments:

  1. I want to see the cover up cloooooose. Show it! post the video! now! hurry up! :D <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shalllll, I'm just literally the slowest right now. *stares at inbox* *twitches*

      Delete
  2. Great! I have it on my blog too. Looking forward to come to a reading with some of my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, would love to see you at one of them! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm gonna force my German cousins to read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That would be awesome of you. Coercing cousins to read books is totally a good thing. Also, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Stefan, how does an American get a copy of this lovely edition of the Peculiar?! I love the cover so much- I want a copy of this one for myself! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariana! Hi. :) I actually don't know. Maybe a local bookstore could order it? But it might be super expensive...

      Delete